Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time to plan anew, to reminisce, and to create.

I have just recently completed 9 months of unbelieveably busy and fulfilling geology, travel, and trenchless technology education that should have killed me.

And I want more.

What did I do?

To recap:
January 2008 - I went to Atlanta, Georgia for the Underground Construction Technology Conference and exhibition, where I taught two sections each in three different courses; delivered what I considered to be a landmark paper in the field of geology as applied to trenchless technology, and created a lot of goodwill. While there, I also had lunch with Tribe friend Mickey.
March 2008 - I went to Arlington, Texas for a full week's stay to oversee the Lawson-Matthys construction inspection course (again, in trenchless technology) that I co-taught with my fellow trenhless gurus. A good time was had by all, and I even took four courses myself for my own continuing education.

May 2008 - Interfuse, the Midwest Burners' regional burn at Ozark Avalon. I finally meet Kamikaze Kelly.

June 2008 - I take off for the People's Republic of China for 6 days. I teach a course in trenchless technology to the Chinese participants from the China Petroleum Pipeline Bureau.

August 2008 - I take a long trip to Black Rock City, Nevada, to the big burn there. I was a participant this year at ..... Burningman.



Yep.....that's me, constructing my art project on-playa....the Gateway to the Future, which when constructed, looks like:





You see it here, framing both the effigy and the Temple of Community.



At night, it looked like:




Barely returning from that trip, I was again thrust into 'crunch time'. Everything was happening at once. The results of the crunch were stellar, as I SUCCEEDED in all the goals I had for myself.


But that's for the next post.

No comments: